Sunday, February 22, 2015

UNDERNEATH A POPE'S CLOAK

                                         



I am wearing a Pope Francis t-shirt that day. But even if I didn't wear it, everybody still knows that the Papal visit would be held. 

To be honest, this is the first time that I have been interested in a Pope. There are so many articles and comics that I read about our current one. Is he the person that people claim him to be? I wanted to find out.

I was intrigued, excited, and curious about how Pope Francis would act in front of the Filipino people. 

Unlike the majority of the devotees, I just stayed inside the house and watched all the happenings and commotion behind a television screen. I patiently waited for his plane to land. When it did, my body got jittery and hyper. Especially that time when he first smiled at the camera. And in that moment, it felt like I had this kind of special connection between him and me (to remind you i'm just watching on television). 

This Pope never gave people a dull moment. He always make people smile even by just doing simple things. Oh, and all the statements are true. He is a humble person, very wise, charismatic, and he surely knows how to make jokes.

ALSO, the Filipinos are surprisingly well-behaved that time. It made me feel proud. The people wanted to show the Pope that they could change for the better-- that they are disciplined citizens and believers. 

In that epoch of my memories, everything seems to fall in place. It almost feels like i'm satisfied with my life. Pope Francis brought this nation as one in that short time. I'll never forget that.

That's also the moment I realized that underneath this Pope's cloak, lies a virtuous and deserving person to lead a great mass of people.



No comments:

Post a Comment