Sunday, February 22, 2015

UNOBTAINABLE AT THE MOMENT

My father is working abroad.

For me and my family, that long distance is a hindrance to our happy moments together.

Yes, there are social networks that connects people in different places yet it won't replace the physical presence of a person when he's near you. It's still different. 

I get paranoid sometimes because I do love my dad very much. So, the first thing that I did is search for the culture of the place. Then, I noticed that's it's really hard to 'jump from one culture to another'. The food tastes different (because of many aspects like recipes and spices), their religion is diverse, and pretty much the attitude of local people there is divergent too. I give my praise to the OFW's who adapted to these changes just to be the bread winner of their families.

However, I searched so much about things related to working overseas that I reached the extent of reading horrible stories of Filipino workers enduring verbal abuse, getting beat up, harassed, committing suicide, etc.

So some of you may ask: The OFWs are in a vulnerable state outside the country so why bother risking their lives?

You see, the problem is the amount of salary that is being given. If they work here in Philippines, they won't get enough money to make their family survive for a month or so (even with extreme budgeting skills). Workers are under payed so this results to finding other jobs with larger salary. Most of the people in my country believes that if you work abroad, you'll get richer (or receive more money). This is quite true as far as I know.

By fixing this problem, many people won't have to suffer long distance relationships with their families.

They would be complete all the time.

I would love to experience this during my youth. But it would seem to be unobtainable at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment